Lung Exercises to Improve Breathing for Bronchiectasis

4.7
(6)

This video series from Lung Exercises features Donna Wilson, a pulmonary clinical nurse specialist with many years of experience working in some of the country’s best hospitals.

Find out eight interesting facts about the lungs.

Donna demonstrates a series of lung exercises designed to help people who suffer from any chronic lung disease such as bronchiectasis, COPD, lung cancer, mesothelioma, pulmonary fibrosis and pulmonary hypertension.

In this introductory video, Donna explains how the lungs work and the muscles involved in breathing. In the subsequent videos, she demonstrates some simple exercises to help improve lung function and breathe easier, working on strengthening the diaphragm, healing the breath, and expanding the lungs.

Study finds bronchiectasis patients have a higher risk of cardiovascular disease. Read more here.

Bronchiectasis News Today is strictly a news and information website about the disease. It does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. This content is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or another qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.

How useful was this post?

Click on a star to rate it!

Average rating 4.7 / 5. Vote count: 6

No votes so far! Be the first to rate this post.

As you found this post useful...

Follow us on social media!

We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!

Let us improve this post!

Tell us how we can improve this post?

15 comments

1. Cynthia says:

I’ve been using an expand-a-lung device then the flutter device if needed. It helps open up the air ways and brings stuff up. I also use a shaker smartvest.

2. Sue says:

What a fantastic set of exercises! I wish my Dr or even my consultant would have taken the time and trouble to explain what this excellent teacher told us.

3. sivakumar says:

great,thank you mm.i m suffering from bronchiectasis.i m already trying pranayama along with medications homeopathic.and your exercise is very simple and convincing

4. edith says:

hello
    what is pranayama iuse a nebulizer 3 times a day but my shortness of breath keeps me from exercising what to do?????edith

• Oded says:

Pranayama are Yoga breathing techniques that help to extend the breath
      I suppose they should help to the above mentioned conditions.

5. chris watford says:

I knew about the first 3 exercises. the last 3 all new to me and I am feeling good just aping the video.
    great stuff, very helpful thank you.
    Bloss

6. Trish Farac says:

I have a serious lung infection along with bronchiectasis. I have been doing Donna’s exercises for the past 2 months every day. Am very grateful for your instructions. Trish Auckland

7. Hazel Freeman says:

I have bronchiectasis quite mild but have a chest infection at the moment. I have never had this kind of help before. I can only thank you. I am very grateful for all this information and will use it everyday.
    Hazel suffolk